I’m not trying to be mean with the title. There are actually tons of dumb laws out there, that vary from state to state. Some even cross the border and go national. It’s a little funny. I found http://www.dumblaws.com/ a while ago, and yes, these are actual, legitimate laws. It will state if they’ve been rescinded, but most of these classic laws that made sense once upon a time (though some of them made sense never) still exist.
So for instance in my state of Florida, some of the more interesting laws are as follows:
- The state constitution allows for freedom of speech, a trial by jury, and pregnant pigs to not be confined in cages.
- Unmarried couples may not commit “lewd acts” and live together in the same residence.
- It is considered an offense to shower naked.
- You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.
- Oral sex is illegal.
- A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
- If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
- Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
WHAT THE HELL?! Okay, let’s start with the last one. Who tries to have sex with a porcupine? I mean, someone had to try this for it to become a law at some point. Wouldn’t that hurt?
And let’s talk about showering naked. How else are you supposed to shower? Isn’t the whole point of showering to clean your body? You can’t get all the crevices through clothes people!
I challenge you to go to your state and ind the dumbest laws. They are going to have you laughing your asses off.